What you need to know for your appointment
Services are by appointment only. We ask that you please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment giving you time to check in, unwind and receive a complimentary beverage.
If this is your first time at La Mer, we will have a consultation with you about your specific needs and expectations which allows us to develop the best therapy plan for you. You will be required to fill out a brief health form and disclose any medical conditions, surgeries, allergies, etc. Additionally, any conditions that arise prior to subsequent visits must also be disclosed. This is for your safety and well being.
- We ask that you please turn off your cell phone and remove all jewelry prior to your massage.
- Please be prompt. If you are late it may be necessary to deduct that time from your massage to allow us to remain on schedule for our other clients.
- All cancellations require a twenty-four (24) hour notice.
- After your appointment please drink a lot of water!! Massage Therapy releases toxins from within the muscle tissue and it is important these toxins are flushed from your system.
Frequently asked questions and Policies
Q. What do I wear when I am having my massage?
A. You may disrobe to the level of your comfort. You are draped with sheets during your massage. Only the area we are working at that time is uncovered to maintain your privacy.
Q. What methods of payment are accepted?
A. Cash, Visa, Master Card or Amex
Q. Do I tip my therapist and if so how much?
A. Tipping is not mandatory but is greatly appreciated. The industry standard is 15%-20%.
Q What if I have to cancel my appointment?
A. We understand circumstances may arise that will cause you to have to cancel your appointment. We ask that you notify us by phone as soon as possible of your need to cancel. Please keep in mind it is our policy to require a minimum of 24 hours notice prior to the scheduled appointment time to be eligible for a refund.*
Q. What happens if I am late to my appointment?
A. If there is a client following you, we must dock the time you are late for your massage so we are on time for the next client.
- You must fill out a health intake form at your first appointment and update that form with any medical changes before each appointment. There are certain diagnoses, medical conditions, surgeries or injuries that massage is contraindicated. This is for your safety.
- All first time clients must reserve their massage with a credit card prior to making their appointment.
- Appointment ‘No Shows’ or cancellations will not be eligible for a refund without proper notification a minimum of twenty-four (24) hour prior to the scheduled appointment time. *Exceptions to this may be made, but only for extenuating circumstances and are subject to management review and approval.
- Please turn off cell phones when you arrive and remove jewelry prior to your massage.
- You must notify your therapist if you have any changes in your health. If you are under the care of a physician for a new diagnosis, or injury, we must receive a form from your physician that it is permitted for you to continue massage therapy.
It is our mission to make sure you have a wonderful experience at La Mer Massage. By following these policies you will help us fulfill your expectations.
La Mer Massage | 5 Dunwoody Park South, Suite #100, Dunwoody, Ga 30338 | 404-414-1077 | firstname.lastname@example.org